FAQ's and Covid 19
Frequently asked questions
Will reflexology treatment tickle?
No. A firm yet gentle pressure is used to massage the hands or feet. You may experience tenderness at certain points/ reflex areas during the treatment which often implies an imbalance at that point/ reflex.
Some clients experience a tingling sensation elsewhere in their body, this indicates energy flow and is considered to be a good response.
Are there any reasons that I should avoid massage or reflexology?
If you have a recent history of a stroke, heart attack, blood clot, diabetes, recent surgery (within 6 months) or are experiencing any undiagnosed pain then you should seek medical advice before having massage/ reflexology.
If you are or have previously received treatment for cancer ( surgery, radiation therapy or chemotherapy) it is advisable that you speak to the clinician responsible for your care/ treatment before embarking on reflexology/massage to help manage symptoms.
Is it safe for you to receive massage or reflexology when you are pregnant?
There is no research that suggests there are risks to receiving massage/ reflexology in the early stages of pregnancy but it is advisable to receive treatments after 12 weeks gestation.
What should I wear for my session?
Something comfortable and easy to change into if you are having a massage. During the massage, you will be covered by a large towel at all times (only the part of your body being massaged will be exposed) to preserve your modesty.
What are payment options?
I accept cash or bank transfers as I do not have facilities to accept cards.
I will be adhering to guidance provided by the Complementary Therapists Association. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on 0777 938 1937.
A top priority at Soothing times has always been to deliver excellent care, this resolve is now stronger than ever before. I've been hard at work to raise the bar of hygiene and sanitation. You might notice some changes during your next visit as I have implemented new procedures to further promote the health and safety of all clients.
I will commit to:
1. Enhanced cleaning procedures, including 30 minutes between each appointment to deep clean the treatment room.
2. Guidelines relating to sanitation and hygiene.
3. All appointments will be booked online or via telephone.
4. I will wear a mask/visor during my interaction with you.
5. If you are a new client, I will contact you prior to your appointment for a consultation (this is to help minimise time spent in close contact).
Clients are requested to commit to:
1. Confirmation that you are not experiencing any of Covid 19 symptoms or have knowingly been in contact with anyone who has symptoms of Covid 19.
2. To avoid touching the keypad at the gate, stay in your car and text/ phone me when you arrive, I’ll then open the gate for you.
3. Sanitise/wash your hands on entry to premises.
4. Wear a face mask.
5. Bring your own bottle of water to drink.
6. Bring your own pen to sign your consultation form.
7. Pay online where possible, cash will be accepted as a last resort.
Please note No hands-on therapies will be provided if:
1. I or any member of my household have any Covid-19 symptoms. I will immediately cancel any booked appointments and follow government guidance about self-isolation for 14 days.
2. A client has Covid-19 symptoms.
3. A client is self-isolating or in quarantine.
4. A member of a client's household or anyone the client has been in contact within the last 14 days has Covid-19 symptoms.
5. A client is in the high-risk group.